Most people make resolutions for the new year. I’ve decided to make somewhat of a bigger change. It’s more of a rule-set for how I want to live my life, and all of the rules have to do with things that make me happy. The idea is to push my days in the direction of those things and to find ways to limit the negative influences that always seem to have a hold of me.
Some of these things seem like they have nothing to do with writing or film-making. But wait, they do! Being healthy keeps my mind clear and gives me lots of energy. And running does the same. The better I feel the better I write.
And I know I won’t be able to do all of these things everyday. I’m not delusional. So I am going to do something simple. If I have a good day and stick to all the daily rules then I get 1 point. That way I can track a % score over time. I’ll shoot for 90% and see how it goes. The non-daily goals will be harder to track, but there is no need. If I stay on track daily than those will happen as well.
So here they are. Hopefully you’ll be hearing much more from me in the future.
- No more unhealthy comfort foods (non-bible bread or cookies/pastries)
- Eat at least 1 fruit a day
- Eat at least 1 veggie a day
- Exercise 30 minutes a day (run, or other things)
- Beat last year’s distances each month
- 1,200 miles for the year
- New 5k PR
- New marathon PR
- New 50k PR
- 6 laps at next year’s World’s Toughest Mudder
- Run 1 50 mile race
- Be creative at least 30 minutes a day
- Post on this website at least 1 time a week
- Blog on www.reelfriction.com at least once every 2 weeks
- Research the habits/tricks of writers and try one every 2 weeks
- Make 2 films
- Write down every idea I have when I get it
- No more than 2 episodes or 1 movie per day if home alone
- Limit non-productive internet time at home to no more than 10 minutes
- Limit productive internet time at home (research, articles, etc) to no more than 30 minutes.
- Don’t let it get in the way of any of the above
2 thoughts on “A New Way of Life for 2013”
You can do it! I’ll try to help without being too annoying.
sounds to complicated. good luck!